Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hello 2016: ghost sign book in production, upcoming talk at State Library of Victoria, 40,000 page views and lots of ghost sign pics to follow soon

Happy new year! It's been nearly two months since I posted on this blog - there's been lots on.

Firstly, our forthcoming edited academic book on ghost signs has consumed much of my time of late. It's finally about to go into production - will let you know when it's out. It will have 22 chapters about ghost signs from around the world, by a range of academics and practitioners. I'm very proud of it. Some initial details are here: http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/books/details/9781138934689/

Secondly, I'll soon be doing a talk at the State Library of Victoria on the Lewis and Skinner archive. Details are here: http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/whats-on/creative-conversations-lewis-skinner-signwriting-archive. Unfortunately it's now booked out - but drop me a line if you'd like to go and I'll see if I can get you in.

Thirdly, this blog has now generated 40,000 unique page views, which is very nice. Thanks for reading!

And lastly - I've accumulated a large backlog of ghost sign pics over the last months and will start posting these shortly. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading the book Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back on the streets Stefan. Fantastic news about the book. It promises to be excellent. Rob Gray

    ReplyDelete